Saturday, September 13, 2008

HaPpy b-dAy to Emi J~~~ SaPo veRde a mi neNa












Emili turned 8. She did it. Overall she had a great birthday. We did 2 traditions that we always do (see last years post). We made treat bags for all of the kids in her class and I stopped in on my lunch hour to hand deliver a surprise and the treats. The traditional birthday song "Las Mananitas was also sung early around 6 am... We went out to eat.... Auntie spoiled her...She opened all of her cards and presents... smeared cake... laughed a lot. She had a wonderful day. A special thanks to everyone who took the time to make her day special.


I had some flashbacks of my pregnancy with Emili as well on her birthday. It was the hardest day of my life, but will always be remembered as one of the greatest. What a wonderful gift birthdays are for mothers.... they are a constant reminder of our struggles and our greatest achievement of all. So to all the mothers out there...KUDOS.. !!