Sunday, December 23, 2007

iS SaNTa aN iNtERnAtiONAL TrAvELeR?????

Christmas is almost here and yet we are still both sick. We didn't go anywhere today and tried to get better at home. Emili asked me a question today that I was happy to answer. She said "mom, does Santa go all the way around the world to everyone's house?" I had to explain that different cultures have different beliefs and Santa only goes to the houses of "Believers".


So on that note. In Mexico~ there is something called Las Posadas.

http://www.mexconnect.com/MEX/austin/posadas.html This is pretty much a religious party from the 16 to the 24th every night. Although, I have never experienced this yet; I hope to someday. Please read the link. From Dec to Jan it is pretty much a party wherever you go in Mexico. The Three Kings come to Mexico, in the leiu of Santa. They come on the 6th of January and bring the children their gifts. There is also a traditional "kringle kind of thing called "Rosca de Los Reyes" or Three Kings Bread. Every year I buy one of these breads and enjoy it with Emili. She likes the hidden plastic babies that are hidden in the decorative bread. I will take a picture of my "rosca" this year. I think that it might be hard to find Rosca... Living in Lomira, but I will do my best.


Someone is very very excited that Santa comes tomorrow night! Auntie is coming home on Christmas morning to celebrate Christmas with us.