Monday, October 15, 2007

mY MeRcY ( my grandmother)

Emili and Merc

My grandmother is one of my favorite people. When I was little I used to say, "I want my Mercy" when I was sick. I am now almost 28 and still whenever I catch a cold or am having a bad day, I know that I can always count on my Mercy. She never fails me! When I am sick or down I always know that my Mercy will be there. She is one of the people that I admire the most. Even now as an adult, my Mercy never fails to impress me. She is one of the most strong willed persons that I have ever known. She has the Zimmer Eye...


She is also making an impression on my daughter. I have lots of memories from my great-grandma, Nana. I hope Emili remembers all of the fun things that Merc does for her, like I remember all of the fun things that I did with my great-grandmother. I remember getting out of Church on Sundays and going to Nana's house to raid her candy jar and play her pipe organ. I still remember how her sun porch smelled of must and sun. I remember the sea shells on display and Nana whacking the snakes on her yard with a rake. I remember how Nana used to tell me that I was her favorite (even though we all were ) and listen to her tell me stories from her life.


Emili made me think of Merc and Nana yesterday. Yesterday was a big day for Emili because Merc went to pick her up from school and took her back to the farm. We try to visit the farm every Sunday (when it is open)...hahah that is the way Emili puts it. Emili said that Merc took her to a candy store yesterday and she got to pick out a treat. She was so excited and described in detail what kind of treat Merc had purchased for her. I love my Grandmother and couldn't imagine my life, or Emili's without her.